Sunday, July 19, 2009

7/13/09 - nihao‏

Dear Family,

Well, this week we got in the new group of missionaries. It was hard for about 2 hours because a lot more of the new group already speak more Chinese than we do and we felt like we have been studying Chinese for so long we don't even remember our former lives (haha, joke...mostly). I reminded myself we are all on the same team and it doesn't matter, because what matters are the people we will help; and what they learned in years I will learn in weeks or months. Seeing the missionaries without much Chinese experience helped me realize how far I've come in such a short time! It is great. The gift of tongues is real!

One of my favorite things about the MTC is the powerhouse singing. Before the firesides and devotionals (which everyone attends) we sing for 10 minutes or so. I have never heard hymns sung with such gusto; I really will miss it. "Called to Serve" about takes the roof off the house, in an awesome way.

This week has been great because we have practiced teaching a lot more than normal. They started a new zone activity where every companionship teaches another missionary as a progressing investigator. So one person pretends to be the same character and the missionaries teach all the lessons to the needs of that perosn. Right now I am both teaching and an investigator. Something about telling people how much God loves them just makes for an incredible day, always.

In random news, I have seen people from Pasco. The first one was Matthew Vaughn- his family was in our ward - remember? I was best friends with his twin sisters Rachel and Amanda. And once Emily Vaughn stood on her head for the ward talent show. I'm sure you remember. He came up to me and said hi and when I saw his nametag I remembered him immediately. I was really happy to see he went on a mission! He is going to the Philipeans and left already. The other person that came up and said hi was a girl I went to McLaughlan with - Chelsea Bleazard. I recognized her last name but it took me about 4 hours to remember who she was. It was weird.

Got to go,

lots of love.-

Cam

No comments:

Post a Comment