Monday, July 6, 2009

June 29th, 2009

Hello family!

Well, it has been an interesting week. So, funny story. Here at the MTC we are completely cut off from news of the outside world. So, we were at the Referral Center and one of the guys was in the middle of bearing his testimony to a woman on the phone and it was something like this:Missionary: "And I know the church is true..."Lady: "Oh my gosh! ...My husband just told me that Michael Jackson died!" And hung up.And thus the news of Michael Jackson's death spread across the MTC like wildfire, literally. No one knew what happened; it was all speculation and "did you hear?!"It is funny being so cut off from the news.

Speaking of death, I was very sorry to hear that Willie died. I used to really like that kid. He would paddle the main with me sometimes. Luckily I have been studying the plan of Salvation for a couple weeks and I have a firm belief in the Resurrection and the life after this one. He will live again, and there are no such things as accidents. God does everything to the benefit his children, and if he was taken at a young age, it will be to his Eternal benefit. Perhaps he is being taught the gospel even now. Thanks for keeping me updated on the news.

Having the mission president training here this past week was less exciting than I hoped. Because there are still a few people quarentined for Swine flu, we were kept separate from the mission presidents and apostles. Probably because they are old and could die if they get sick. What was great was that Elder Holland spoke at the fireside. We were really lucky to get seats because most of the seats in the hall were taken by the Choir and the mission presidents. Most missionaries had to sit in the overflow in the cafeteria. Luckily my companion is from Canada and was told that she can sit in the section reserved for interpretation because she is international, even if she speaks English. Sweet.

Also, I need to know if my letters are too long/boring. I know some people don't even read their own siblings mission letters because they think they are boring, and I'd rather be brief than a chore.

I have an activity for everyone for family home evening this week. I guess that Asians LOVE analogies and that is really how they connect with the gospel. So for an activity you could help me brainstorm some analogies for gospel principles! You don't have to, but you may find it an interesting study.

PS Thanks for sending the packages! I really appreciated it. My roommates are loving the candy and I am loving everything else :) You are the best!

Also - tell Amy to cancel ordering the CD player or speakers on ebay, because whoever sent the packages already sent me them!

Xie xie! (thanks!)

FMLCami

No comments:

Post a Comment