Tuesday, March 2, 2010

baptised unto repentance‏ Sun 2/28/10

Dear Family,

Another week has gone by. This morning was the end of a "Power Week." Power week means that we were out the door an hour earlier and staying out an hour later and "eating on the go" ie - no rest for the wicked :) With Guonian a lot of our numbers were low - no one was willing to meet or come to church because it was the holiday, so we had a "power week" to sort of get out of the slump. At first I was doubtful about the whole thing but we saw a lot of blessings from our extended efforts.

Times up. Next week I won't write because we are going to the Taipei temple and won't get to email. I'm sorry I won't get to write, but very, very excited to go to the temple. I haven't been since August - far, far too long. I can't wait!

This weekend we had a baptism! Her name is Huang Xiang Ru and she is great. She is one of those golden investigators that was found, taught and baptised in less than a month. She is 17, studying English and really solid in the gospel. It was a little hard for her not to drink tea at first but she stopped, about a week later got an answer to her prayers about the Book of Mormon and the rest is history. Her baptismal service was one of the best I've been to - all of the talks were really good and Xiang Ru was just really ready. When she came out of the font, I wrapped a towel around her and hugged her, (just like Mother did for me, I think about that at every baptism I have), and she cried. I jokingly asked her if the water was too cold, and then asked her how she felt, and she said- "I feel... great," in English.

I remember that feeling.

And suddenly, everything about missionary work is worth it.

I feel am very blessed to remember my baptism. My last companion Sister Busath doesn't remember hers at all. I remember everything. I remember Tina and my sisters sang, and the man in my ward that told good stories gave a talk about baptism and the remission of sins. I remember what my white dress looked like, and the stickers on the invitations, and how Daddy took me to practice in the hall. I remember Mother drying my hair and the towel and Grandpa confirming me right after. I remember being glad that Grandpa was going to confirm me because he talked really fast and I was afraid if Daddy confirmed me I may cry. I remember a lot.

I had forgotten what I felt when I was baptised though. However, about a year ago at my first time in the Temple, I once again felt the cleanliness of baptism and closeness to God. This time I knew what the feeling was and it brought back to my suprise the memory of my baptism - the only other time I've really felt that. When I was eight I didn't know what it was or what I was feeling, I just knew I felt a little strange and good and clean and happy but also the same, just me. I forgot about the feeling because I didn't know what it was or how to describe it. But being in the initiatory brought back the memory. I am so happy that I could be blessed to remember my baptism so that I can better understand my purpose.

3 Nephi 27:20
"Now this is the commandment, Repent all ye ends of the earth, and come unto me and be baptised in my name, that ye may be sanctified by the reception of the Holy Ghost, that ye may stand spotless before me at the last day. Verily, verily, I say unto you this is my gospel."


Come unto Christ and be ye baptised!
FML
Sister Johnson

ps - I'm very relieved to hear Daddy isn't dead



Cami's email to Donna:

Mother -

I think you are right. I don't know that this side of my mission will be easier but at least I'll be more accustomed. My language is getting better and I am comfortable to a point where I can start expressing my personality a lot more in Chinese. This makes everything a lot more fun and meaningful. I'm not just limited to bearing my testimony; I can joke or tell personal experiences and really just be friends with and love the people a lot more easily.

We felt an earthquake here yesterday morning during church - I wonder if it is related to the Chile one. There are always lots of smaller Earthquakes here though, but they aren't as dangerous. Constant small adjustment earthquakes here mean there are less huge earthquakes I think.

I love you!

I can't think of anything else for the package except maybe some skin medicine so I'll email poppers

FML
Cami


Cami's email to Tom:

You be careful mister! I don't know when your time will be up but my goodness, let's not make it earlier than it has to be! I think when you are 60 it is time to stop class 4-5. You have to be around to see my kids too. I love you very, very much and am glad you are safe. What are you going to do when I am not on a mission to give you the extra angel protection, hmm?

FML
Cami

PS if mother sends a package send me some skin medication - SOMETHING THAT WON'T MAKE ME SENSITIVE TO SUN. I am in the sun for 10 hours a day, I will get skin cancer if it makes me more sensitive to the sun.

FML
CAMI

1 comment:

  1. Nice Content! Thanks for sharing with us. I have something important to share with you regarding Ayurvedic Medicines  homeopathic medicine for skin allergies it’s comes with zero side effects. I hope this will help you in your upcoming blogs.

    ReplyDelete